Wow. This reunion has been so exciting, I haven't even been able to actually live blog it. Right now it's Sunday and I'm at one of the only public computers in the Penrose Library. Charlie and Jeff and I just checked to see if the same Rothko print is down the cafe, and it is. (We also saw David Beckley down there and kind of awkwardly said hi to him.) Remember when the trees outside that cafe were just little babies and Alden was making jokes about that yellow block sculpture? The trees are so big now! You can barely see the yellow block sculpture.
Jeff and I are about to go back home. We ended up picking Christian up at the rest stop and so we're going to take him home, too, I guess. I don't really want to drive all the way to Olympia, but I haven't figured out if I'm going to tell Christian that. Suggestions?
Before we go we're going to stop at the Iceberg and get milkshakes. Today I taught Darrell how to use Facebook so he could stalk the freshmen he knows who go here now. Libby and Darrell are having lunch with Parke right now and Jimmy is holding auditions for In One Room. As it turns out, one of the best people to catch up with is Claire Willett because she talks fast and makes a lot of jokes. Last night we saw a T-Tones reunion concert. I could probably write an entire blog post about that, so I'll save it. We went on a mini wine tour of Walla Walla. We crashed a college party on Friday night that was next door to the Haven. Alden and his Sidecar friends took their shirts off approximately 45 minutes into the party. Jeff tried to help an awkward freshman make friends at the party. I got drunk on 4 stolen beers and felt terrible all day Saturday. We saw Cullen's movie about D&D L.A.R.P.ers. We went to the green. We ate stinky cheese at the place where Grapefields used to be. We talked to Anna Batie. Darrell got sad that Joe Hickock (Heecock?) isn't going to be a doctor and is instead teaching SCUBA lessons in Kaua'i. Charlie says the best part of the reunion was seeing people who got fat and pregnant.
This is all very stream of consciousness because I'm in a hurry. In fact, we are leaving right now! A more thoughtful Part 2 may be coming your way soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Worst live blog ever. I'm so jealous.
this blog totally makes me not wish I was there. do a t-tones reunion post, though. i'm curious as to what happened. i predict a trainwreck.
it sounds like everything i'd hoped, and more.
Post a Comment